Claremont Insider: What's Happening?

Friday, August 31, 2007

What's Happening?

TRI-CITY FUNDING PROBLEMS

Tri-City Mental Health, the cooperative mental health agency run jointly by the cities of Claremont, La Verne and Pomona, has had it's state funding eliminated in the current state budget. You may recall that Tri-City recently emerged from a 2004 bankruptcy.

Will Bigham reports in today's Bulletin on the issue.


_______________________


CITY SALARIES

A reader pointed us to a San Jose Mercury News article about city employee salaries that made it into the Bulletin today. As we recall, Claremont has been pretty free with its base salary information but has in the past fought releasing the performance bonus amounts given out to management. The argument against releasing has been that it violates employees privacy rights.


_______________________


BLOG UNLEASHED, BLOGGERS UNMASKED

The Foothill Cities blog has opened up their arena to all comers, and invites you to write to them and post your thoughts as an honorary blogger. If you have a bit of news or item of interest about the San Gabriel Valley, check out the FC and post your views.

And for those of you with prying eyes who absolutely hate anonymity, here's a photo of the FC bloggers, Centinel and Publius, taken at the recent Pasadena bloggers' picnic.


Photo Courtesy of Altadena Above It All


_______________________


Lastly, we received a nice note from Jared Cicon, the Claremont amateur ad creator whose Doritos ad we posted the other day.

Cicon asks for your (and our) support for his Heinz ketchup ad

Hello Insider,

------- suggested I check out your Claremont Blog, and when I did I was blown away. I want to thank Joslyn Jane for putting up the link to my Doritos Commercial. Thanks for helping to get the word out about the Heinz contest as well.

I need to ask my fellow Claremont peeps a favor, and hope you guys there at the Claremont Insider could help me do it.

The voting on the HEINZ contest is underway, and I could sure use some votes. The voting process couldn't be simpler.

You go to http://www.topthistv.com/ , hit the 'vote' area and look for my video. It is called 'Respect The Taste II'. Let me be clear, if you see one of the 15 commercials that you feel is your favorite, then give that producer the nod. I am OK with that. The only way I can truly understand what 'America' wants, is to let them vote honestly. I can then take that information and hit closer to the bullseye with my next project. If by chance you like my spot the best, than you can stay in Claremont.

Ha, Ha, Ha.

You can use ANY of your emails to vote EVERYDAY until Sept. 10th.When the votes are all tallied, the winner will win some cold hard cash, AND have his commercial Air during the national broadcast of the EMMY AWARDS on the evening of the 16th. Any support you can throw my way will be appreciated.

Site name: http://www.topthistv.com/Video name: 'Respect The Taste II by Jared Cicon.

Thank you everyone there at Claremont Insider, for taking the time.

Jared Cicon