Claremont Insider: A Recent CHS Grad Writes....

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Recent CHS Grad Writes....

This note came in from a recent Claremont High School grad:

Hello! I'm a loooong time Claremont resident and a recent graduate of Claremont High School. I've known about the anonymous blog for some time, and finally found the time (graduating does that to you) to sit and read through it.

Wowie Zowie. The quirky town takes on a whole new meaning when you read what people have to say about it (and don't get paid to). The past four years of my life have revolved around Claremont High School.

It's hard to say what it was, but being immersed in one of the centers of Claremont on a daily basis, opened my eyes to the diversity and spunk that this city has. In looking for a college, I was happy to have found one that is in a small town, and reminds me of home in a few ways.

And as overjoyed as I am to be leaving California, and going across the country, I'm just a little sad to be leaving Claremont. Believe it or not, this town has grown on me. I hope that it's just a phase ;).

And meanwhile, while I'm packing for college, I'm also helping out on the summer show at Claremont High School Theater! The classic tale The Wizard of Oz! So I'm not the best at this shameless plug deal, but the show itself is shaping up, and it promises to be a good time.


Now I'll make like a tree, and leaf :D
~Lindsey Elhai, CHS Class of '08

Good luck to Lindsey as she moves on to college. We couldn't find any info on the CHS Theatre Arts Department summer show, but you can try contacting CHS at (909)624-9053 for details. If you hear anything, drop us a line.