Despite cutbacks in Claremont's city services, summer brings the fun for kids of all ages.
Tonight, the Claremont Police Department brings back summer movies for the kiddies in Blaisdell Park. There's no food available for purchase this year. You'll have to bring your own food.
Also back is the City's Monday night Summer Concert Series, co-sponsored by the City and the Claremont Kiwanis Club. Food is available there, and the proceeds from concessions help pay for the entertainment.
The City's website has all the info:
Movies In the Park Start At Blaisdell Park
The Claremont Police Department is hosting Family Movies in the Park beginning Tuesday, July 13 at 7 p.m. This movie will be held at Blaisdell Park. Bring a picnic, chairs, and a blanket. The movie will start at dusk. (Please bring your own refreshements. Food will not be served)
July 13 Monsters vs Aliens
July 20 Hotel for Dogs
July 21 Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
July 22 The Goonies
July 27 Planet 51
2010 Summer Concert Series
Monday Nights 7:30pm - 9:00pm in Memorial Park
Concerts will begin on Monday, July 5th and will conclude on Monday, September 6th.
For information call (909) 399-5490.
The Claremont Monday Night Concert Series continues to be a stunning success, drawing 3,000-5,000 people each night. This 10-week series is sponsored by both the City of Claremont and the Claremont Kiwanis Club and features some of the best entertainment in the area. In an effort to appeal to a wide audience, the series features a diverse type of music while including a few traditional groups.
Although the concert officially runs from 7:30-9:00pm, the concertgoers begin arriving as early as 6:00pm to select a space and enjoy dinner in the park. The Kiwanis Club offers a variety of concessions, from burgers, dogs and quesadillas to ice cream, popcorn, nachos, candy and drinks. Proceeds from the concessions fund the bands. This Monday Night Concert Series runs from July 5 - September 6, and is free and open to the public.
- Remember: Bring a picnic dinner, blankets and a low chairs.
- Dogs are not allowed in City Parks other than Claremont Pooch Park.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in any City Park.
2010 Concert Schedule
- July 19 - Sgt. Peppers Beatles Tribute Band (Rock)
- July 26 - Brian Lynn Jones & The Misfit Cowboys (Country)
- August 2 - Kulayd (Doo-Wop/Mowtown [sic])
- August 9 - Suave (Latin/R&B)
- August 16 - Calypso Pirates (Reggae)
- August 23 - Neon Nation (80's)
- August 30 - Night Blooming Jazzmen (Dixieland Jazz)
- September 6 - The Answer (Classic Rock)