Claremont Insider: College Food News

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

College Food News

College dorm food certainly has changed from the days when a friend pinned a note that said "You eat it" to a piece of dessicated hamburger meat that looked like a hockey puck-size piece of beef jerky and dropped it into the dining hall suggestion box.

A blogger and Occidental College student named Karin Hass was visiting a friend at Scripps this past weekend and came away very impressed with the dining halls at the 5-C's, at least at Harvey Mudd, where she and her friend happened to eat.

Hass wrote about the fine repast on her blog, K. Hass Does the Interweb, which she is writing as a project for an English class. The title of Hass' post was "Why is Claremont's Food SO MUCH BETTER?" She seemed particularly impressed by the sushi:

I know my frame of reference isn't huge as I've only actually eaten there once, but it was just so wonderful that I had to write about it.

Oxy's food isn't that bad. I've DEFINITELY had much worse. Oxy's food just gets incredibly monotonous, and I don't even live on campus. Plus, the main Marketplace isn't even OPEN on Saturday!! They get SUSHI!?