The Friends of the Claremont Library have announced that they are accepting applications for the fifth annual Friends community spelling bee. The event takes place Sunday, April 18, at Claremont's Taylor Hall, located near the corner of Scripps Rd. and Indian Hill Blvd.
Here's the information for the event :
CALLING ALL SPELLERS and FANS OF SPELLERS
- Teams consist of 3 Adult Spellers who spell the words as a team.
- Past teams have included Claremont City Council, Rotary, Kiwanis, League of Women Voters, House of Ruth, Claremont School Board & other local groups.
- Teams can be any three adults who want to join together to support the library and literacy (perhaps a book group?) .
- Registration form will be available on-line. First 24 teams to send in registration form & payment will be taken.
- Team Registration fee is $300 ~ all supporters will be listed in the program.
- Oh, you don’t like to spell? Consider sponsoring your favorite group in town or sending in a donation for a partial sponsorship of a team ~ we would be happy to find spellers for you if you would like to sponsor a team.
For registration forms, check out the Friends website.
You may remember that the Claremont Rotary Club's Phun Club won for the second time last year. Get a couple of your own friends together and join in the fun, or just show up and watch the happenings. The money goes to a good cause and a good time is usually had by all.